Sunday, August 05, 2007

Is it a poem

This is the first time,
I try and compose a poem
directly onto my blog page.

I am a little old fashioned,
used to pen and paper.
This way seems little strange,
some would say it is better.

I can save, I can delete
go back and edit.
It is a just key here
and just a key there.

This way there are no versions,
just the final poem
which I can easily delete;
Paper is just too hard to tear.

There is no history
of how the poem evolved.
But then those notebooks in the closet know
that history is hard to bear.

2 comments:

parikrama said...

*sigh* I am feeling guilty to post a not-so complimentary comment straight up, especially since you have written something after a longish break. Please don't feel dis-heartened when i say - "This one sounded too amatuerish". I have seen you write far better during your heady "Lounge series" days.

Only the last para, had bit of vazan (weight) the rest were too halka-phulka. But this is a good beginning to clear the cobwebs. Am sure you will improve as you slowly regain your (original) flair. Keep writing.

Silent Melody said...

Hey IW, pls do not feel bad yaar..This is clearing of cobwebs, this was a 5-min effort , so no worries. But thanks for commenting.