Thursday, September 22, 2005

Yesterday

Yesterday I decided to clean my bedside drawer. It had been a long time I cleaned it and it was becoming nearly impossible to find anything in that. It was the usual stuff I find everytime I clean my purse (fortunately on a monthly basis). ATM slips which I always save and never look at again; movie tickets; bills; medicines never consumed and so on. And I also found one of my scribbling books there; the one I had forgotten about. I scribble a lot; a few lines which might later develop into a poem or some phrase that springs up in my mind. I write a lot of letters; the kind of letters that are never given to the concerned person. I also make a lot of to-do lists and jot down reminders for myself. And I ususally have two three books lying around my house for this purpose. I started fipping through the one I found; and there it was.

There it was; your name and just your name on a clean sheet of paper. I instantly remembered the moment I had written that. It had been a few months back on a long rainy evening. The rain had depressed me and overwhelmed me that day. The restlessness had been too overpowering and I had decided to write a letter for you. I wrote your name and then I could write no more. How do I start a letter addressed to you? And what do I possibly fill up those pages with? And what words can I use? So I had just let it be; your name on a blank sheet of paper...

And yesterday I tore that page.

4 comments:

Ardra said...

wish u had not torn it...wish u had written something more...
sigh...
ardra :-)

Silent Melody said...

Hey Ajay, Thanks for dropping by; yup alas!!

Hey Ardra; thanks for that sweet comment. But there are times when you can not write anything.

Prasann said...

Isn't it strange how long forgotten things come to the forefront and start haunting you once again? All they need is a cue; just one cue and there they are , back from nothingness.

Ankit Maskara said...

ya u people r correct....if u don't tell ur feelings u feel bad n if u exhibit n don't get what u wanted then u feel more bad......what a lyf???