Friday, January 20, 2006

Quik Updates

Have been very lazy (nothing new there :-)) and it has been quite a while I have updated this site. Things are about to change at the professional front with me all poised to take up a new job in Feb, 2006. I put in papers this week and I was very much surprised at the reaction; pleasantly surprised.

I thought resigning is a simple no-fuss job but it was not to be. I was totally not prepared for all the tactics being employed to "retain" me. Cross - Functional oppurtunities were mine to choose; onsite US postings were being promised as were good salary hikes and increased levels of responsibility. It was good; I mean it was good for my ego and right now I have a very bloated sense of my importance for the firm :-). But, of course I know the reality. It is not about me; it is about the "experience". Good economy, booming job markets have led to high attrition rates at most of the firms operating from India and the "vintage" employee is really really valuable. Am very much tempted to cash in on this right now and make some really outrageous demands. Who knows they might just agree to all of them :-) Just Kidding, but this is a good time to chill and enjoy all the attention before I get into the grind at the new place.

1 comment:

parikrama said...

Siloo, wish yu smooth sailing & favourable winds at Ur new work place. Cheers..