Thursday, July 07, 2016

I want to be a Minimalist!

Recently, I came across the term Minimalist on the Nourishing Minimalism blog for the first time.
http://nourishingminimalism.com/

Once I read more about it, I realised that I surely want to be a Minimalist. It does make a lot of sense to me and this is something I would really like to try.

Mess or clutter is something I have never liked. It makes me stressed and unhappy. Though my house doesn't look messy, there is a lot of hidden mess. Our house has a lot of open space as its a big space and we don't have a lot of furniture. Also as it was just the two of us, we had enough space to store all the junk we had. But now with two kids and with one set of parents living with us, it is high time to declutter.

So, the plan is to start decluttering ASAP. I think the strategy that will work for me is the everyday 15 minute declutter. Right now, I really don't have the luxury to spend large batches of time to declutter. So, the 15 minute challenge will work for now though I feel I need to spend at least a couple of weekends taking care of my clothes situation.

So, let the decluttering challenge begin!!

No comments: