Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My Failed Writings and the Excuse Also!!

So you can see the last post "Attempted Quick Tales"; yeah I know there is no content in that. And that is because I have not be able to write any quick tales. My friends have obliged and their lists are:

DK's list : love, hate, compassion.
Alo's list: sleep,eye-witness, advance
travel,astonish,growth
AJ's list: appreciation, apathy, courage
S's List : palace, joy, distant

5 lists and no story.

It is proving to much more difficult than I anticipated. Moreover, I am running short of time. I am not one of those immensely talented people who can spin a yarn anytime and anywhere. I need to get into the mood for writing. I need to sit with a dreamy expression on my face and a pen and paper in hand and I need to think.Think hard; let my imagination run wild.

This dependence on pen and paper is become a real nuisance in this e-world. Somehow, I just can not bring myself to write anything creative without a pen and paper. I need to chew on my pen; write a few lines, cut them out, write again, edit my words, add a few notes for myself on the margin, change a word and so on. The creative process is complex and the word documents, the wordpads and the notepads fall woefully short of sparking my imagination. I can't chew the mouse, can I? I know I can always change the words on my monitor and edit my sentences but then I lose the history of my work. There is nothing about a Word Document that makes it uniquely mine;not even the handwriting. There is something very cold and impersonal about writing on the system. Nothing beats the feel of a crumpled yellowed piece of paper with random jottings preserved from years ago; would a saved word document on a floppy have the same impact.Never, in my opinion.

Am I just too old-fashioned? Maybe I am!!

No comments: